Driver Payroll Assistant
JOB TITLE: Driver Payroll Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
Posts and reviews wage information to provide timely and accurate payment for services performed by company drivers and owner operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Posts wage data information into computer system, reviews wage information computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll to meet established deadlines.
- Utilizes original orders, as well as paperwork received from company drivers and owner operators, to verify details performed with the movement of the freight.
- Performs various payroll duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Answers questions within bounds of delegated authority and redirects to correct party.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.