Assistant Fleet Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Fleet Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt -- Executive
Assists Fleet Manager with general activities/issues involving fleet efficiency and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities as instructed by Fleet Manager to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Receives and carries out instructions
- Facilitates rapid solutions to driver questions and problems and serves as the primary channel of communication for drivers.
- Works with office/shop personnel and drivers to meet company goals and resolve problems affecting equipment utilization, driver turnover, and driver productivity.
- Provides training and instruction to drivers on various topics.
- Assigns drivers to equipment and conducts all required driver tests in accordance with company and DOT policy.
- Checks all tractors for permits and insures all lost permits are replaced.
- Travels as needed to recruit drivers and attend recruiting events.
- Keeps informed of company policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
Breath Alcohol Technician
Specimen Collector for Drug Testing
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.