JOB TTTLE: Parts Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
PREPARED DATE: 12/06
Coordinates activities of the Parts Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Assists the Parts Clerks assigned daily duties as needed.
- Create reports to manage inventory, enter records, and ascertains type and parts numbers.
- Creates and enters purchase order numbers and matches invoice numbers with purchase orders.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy.
- Issues parts to technicians and enters repair orders into computer as needed.
- Performs general clerical duties as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.